Why you should apply for the SmartUp Accelerator
As a participant in the 2019 SmartUp Accelerator you will receive the following benefits
- Participation in a 3-day international bootcamp in Riga, Latvia, with travel and accommodation costs covered
- World-class support from international mentors, supporting you in developing a tailored go-to-market strategy to your market of choice within the Baltic Sea Region
- 1-on-1 support from local SmartUp Accelerator partner with expert knowledge about your selected market
- Access to valuable contacts, arranged meetings with clients or investors, scanning for potential testbeds for piloting
Who can apply?
Startups/SMEs based in the Baltic Sea Region countries Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Poland, Sweden, northern parts of Germany or S:t Petersburg region of Russia
What kind of solutions are we looking for?
We are looking for solutions that can deliver:
- seamless logistics and people transportation solutions
- mobility services and traffic systems through wide data usage and sharing
- radical emission reduction or fossil free mobility
Solutions can take on many different forms, including ride-sharing, car-sharing, public transportation, walking, biking, and more. The concept of smart mobility includes a wide range of modes of transportation: kick scooters, bicycles (regular, electric, foldable), buses, light rail trains, subways, streetcars, taxis, autonomous vehicles, walking… the list is growing. Moreover, users have the option to own or share.
The solution’s end-user should be a consumer, and this should be explained explicitly upon describing the solution.
We are looking for solutions where Proof-of-Concept and MVP (minimum viable product) is done, and where preferably a prototype is available.
Dedicated and strong team in place (minimum 2 persons) who are looking for market validation and international growth.
What is the structure and timeline of SmartUp Accelerator?
The application process
The application process will open on 15th of May 2019 and entries will be accepted until 15th of June. Seven entries will be selected to join the Accelerator and will be notified at the end of June 2019.
To apply to the Accelerator, you are invited to submit an application via the form found on the SmartUp Accelerator webpage https://www.smartupaccelerator.eu when the Accelerator opens for entries.
Timeline of Acceleration
Introduction to SmartUp Accelerator and international bootcamp preparations
Introductory face to face meeting between teams and local partners during the period June – August
Online activities with the seven selected SmartUp Accelerator teams in August – September
3-day International Bootcamp that will take place in Riga, Latvia 10-12 September 2019.
During the bootcamp, teams draft a go-to-market strategy for their selected market within the Baltic Sea Region
The 7 teams will get support from international mentors, gain insight about consumer cleantech and understanding customers in different markets
After the bootcamp and during the next 4 months, teams will get 1-on-1 support from local SmartUp Accelerator partner to execute the go-to-market strategy.
The support will include opening doors to valuable contacts, arranging meetings with clients or investors, scanning for potential testbeds for piloting and various other types of support in accordance with the team’s needs.
Contact & apply