Why you should apply for the SmartUp Accelerator
As a participant in the 2020 SmartUp Accelerator you will receive the following benefits
- Participation in a 2-day international bootcamp in Berlin, Germany, with travel and accommodation costs covered
- World-class support from international mentors, supporting you in developing a tailored go-to-market strategy to your market of choice within the Baltic Sea Region
- 1-on-1 support from local SmartUp Accelerator partner with expert knowledge about your selected market
- Access to valuable contacts, arranged meetings with clients or investors, scanning for potential testbeds for piloting
Who can apply?
Startups/SMEs based in the Baltic Sea Region countries Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Poland, Sweden, northern parts of Germany or S:t Petersburg region of Russia
What kind of solutions are we looking for?
We are looking for solutions that are:
- Reducing/eliminating food waste (Examples: “rescue” apps, pantry management, nonprofit/donations, waste monitors, etc)
- Reducing climate impact from food consumption (Examples: Diet trackers, Alternatives to meat and dairy products, etc)
- Circular economy solutions (Examples: Apps for trading used stuff, household waste processing, Subscription business models, etc)
- Sharing economy solutions (Service platforms, rentals, financial services, crowdfunding, etc)
- Awareness raising/nudging solutions (CO2-trackers, training, etc)
Solutions can take on many different forms, including pantry management, nonprofit/donations, waste monitors, diet trackers, alternatives to meat and dairy products, apps for trading used stuff, household waste processing, subscription business models, service platforms, rentals, financial services, crowdfunding, CO2-trackers, training, etc
The solution’s end-user should be a consumer, and this should be explained explicitly upon describing the solution.
We are looking for solutions where Proof-of-Concept and MVP (minimum viable product) is done, and where preferably a prototype is available.
Dedicated and strong team in place (minimum 2 persons) who are looking for market validation and international growth.
What is the structure and timeline of SmartUp Accelerator?
The application process will open on 15th of January 2020 and entries will be accepted until 12th of February. Seven entries will be selected to join the Accelerator and will be notified at the middle of February 2020.
To apply to the Accelerator, you are invited to submit an application HERE!
Timeline of Acceleration
Introduction to SmartUp Accelerator and international bootcamp preparations
- Introductory face to face meeting between teams and local partners during the period March
- Online activities with the seven selected SmartUp Accelerator teams April-June
2-day International Bootcamp that will take place in Berlin, Germany 24-25 March 2020.
- During the bootcamp, teams draft a go-to-market strategy for their selected market within the Baltic Sea Region
- The 7 teams will get support from international mentors, gain insight about consumer cleantech and understanding customers in different markets
After the bootcamp and during the next 4 months, teams will get 1-on-1 support from local SmartUp Accelerator partner to execute the go-to-market strategy.
- The support will include opening doors to valuable contacts, arranging meetings with clients or investors, scanning for potential testbeds for piloting and various other types of support in accordance with the team’s needs.
Contact & apply
To apply for SmartUp Accelerator program, you only need to fill the application form which will be open from January 15th to February 12th. Before for applying remember to read our Terms & Conditions.