What kind of solutions are we looking for?
We are looking for consumer-oriented products and services that reduce environmental impact and resource usage from our homes and apartment buildings.
Examples of possible solutions we are looking from your startup or SME include:
- smart home automation
- energy efficiency & renewable energy
- sustainable IoT solutions
- circular economy and ecodesign
- sharing economy solutions
- new solutions for socially more sustainable neighbourhoods
Who can apply?
We are looking for teams with solutions stated above, where at least a prototype is available and preferably revenue is generated. You should have dedicated and strong team (minimum 2 persons) who are looking for international market validation and growth. Your startups or SME should be based in one of these 7 countries in the Baltic Sea Region: Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Sweden, northern parts of Germany*, Russia**. More details about eligibility criteria can be found in the application form and in Terms & Conditions (will be available on 15th of August at latest).
* Only the States (Länder) of Berlin, Brandenburg, Bremen, Hamburg, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Schleswig-Holstein and Niedersachsen (only NUTS II area Lüneburg region)
** Only St.Petersburg region.
What is the structure and timeline of SmartUp Accelerator?
The application period
- The application will open on 15th of August 2018 and entries will be accepted until 15th of September.
- Altogether 7 teams will be chosen for SmartUp Accelerator, which provides support for the teams during next 4 months.
The SmartUp Accelerator consists of 3 stages:
I Pre-bootcamp activities
- F2F meeting between team and local partner during October
- Online activities with 7 teams in the end of October
II Bootcamp in Gothenburg in November 7-8
- 2-day International Bootcamp in Gothenburg, Sweden in November 7-8
- During the bootcamp, teams draft a roadmap for market entry for their product or service in the market of choice within the Baltic Sea Region.
- The 7 teams will get support from international mentors, gain insight about consumer cleantech and understanding customers in different markets.
III 1-on-1 acceleration phase
- After the bootcamp and during the next 4 months, teams will get 1-on-1 support from local SmartUp Accelerator partner to execute the roadmap for internationalisation.
- The support will include opening doors to valuable contacts, arranging meetings with clients or investors, scanning for potential testbeds for piloting and various other type of support in accordance with team’s needs.
Teams joining and completing the acceleration process are eligible to receive up to EUR 10 000 in support to cover travel and subsistence and other costs related to the market validation. Read our Terms & Conditions for more information about the financial support.
Contact & apply