What is SmartUp Accelerator?
SmartUp Accelerator is a collaboration project between seven countries around the Baltic Sea with the focus on building consumer cleantech ecosystems, activating its innovation actors and improving their skills to identify brilliant ideas and foster teams committed to creating new businesses. These teams and companies are aiming to reduce the environmental burden of consumption.
Throughout the following three years, SmartUp Accelerator will:
- implement actions and models for networking and cultural cooperation
- launch training programmes and enhance capabilities of organisations working close with startups and SMEs
- create new opportunities on national and international markets for promising SMEs and start-ups working in consumer cleantech
- create long-term partnerships between organisations and actors in consumer cleantech in the Baltic Sea area
- strengthen knowledge and awareness of consumer cleantech within the innovation and investor scene
During the project there will be several national and international events and trainings held, competitions and bootcamps launched and testbeds provided around the themes of consumer cleantech and smart innovations in the Baltic Sea Region. Learn more about the project activities here.
SmartUp Accelerator is a funded by Interreg Baltic Sea Region as part of European Regional Development Fund. It is taking place during 2017-2020 in seven countries around the Baltic Sea (Germany, Russia, Latvia, Sweden, Finland, Estonia and Poland) and is led by Innovatum AB in Sweden and Demos Helsinki in Finland. See all the project partners here.
Reports and additional material
Demos Helsinki’s “Smartup Manifesto” looks at the next generation of startups. Due to climate change and natural resource scarcity, resource efficiency has been recognized as a key goal for new high-impact business. Smartups are startups that help free their users from the inefficient use of resources. They are the companies facilitating the shift towards sustainable lifestyles.Download report
Commissioned by Tekes (the Finnish Funding Agency for Innovation), Demos Helsinki and Solved have put together a report on the rising opportunities in consumer cleantech. Not only does the report chart the opportunities offered by consumer cleantech, it also lays out a roadmap for grabbing onto them based on expert interviews.Download report